When you are planning your safari holiday with us we would like to kindly request you to go through our advice below so that you will be able to know on what to pack to travel with.
- We recommend soft bags which are lockable and each with a maximum of 15 Kilos per person as this will be allowed in most internal flights between Amboseli and Maasai Mara Game Reserve and as well they will very comfortably fit into our Safari Vehicles.
- Also ensure you have your small carry on soft bag for your valuables.
- In case of extra luggage please get in touch with us and we will be able to book extra seat in the aircraft or if you are travelling by road, we will figure out on how many of you are in the safari vehicle.
We highly recommend that you bring Khaki or green colored clothes. Any bright colours should be avoided while on safari, but you may bring them for beach holidays incase you have one after your stay with us. Clothing that are similar to Game Rangers which they use during patrol for camouflage should be avoided.
See below on what to pack:
- 1 Flat easy to pack shoes and also 1 leather comfortable shoes.
- 1 Flip flop
- 2 Pairs of Trousers,1 of which is Jeans.
- 1 Pair of Safari shorts
- 2 pairs T. Shirts
- 1 pairs of Long sleeved shirts.
- 1 Pair of short sleeved shirt
- 1 Hat
- 1 Peak Cap
- 1 Jacket
- 1 sweater
- 1 Swimsuit
- 4 Pairs of socks
- 1 Belt
- 1 Pyjamas
Equipment & Electrical:
- Guides Books for Birds and Mammals
- A torch with Batteries or rechargeable one
- Watch for checking times and Alarms
- Chargers for your Cellphone, Cameras or Laptops
- Extra batteries for your Cameras
- Converter plug set. Sockets are mostly 3-pin and are all of different. The Electricity supply is 240 V,50 Hz.
Medical and Toiletries:
- Sunscreen and Lip Balm
- Insect repellant
- Malaria Prophylaxis
- Prescription drugs from your doctor.
- Ear Plugs/Eye pad
- Passports with Visa entries (Ensure there is enough pages to be stamped)
- International & Local Flight Tickets.
- Cash in USD in all denominations.
- Credit Cards, mostly Visa or Mastercards.
- Vaccination Certificates.
Traveller’s Vaccination Certificates
Yellow Fever (For participants of over 1 year of age) is very highly recommended. Anti-Malaria drugs should be taken before you start your safari. Please note mosquito repellants and long sleeved shirts and long trousers are recommended for evenings in safari camps and Lodges.
We will reserve Medical Evacuation Certificate for any eventuality while on safari, this is when there is need to fly you out of the bush camps to Nairobi or other cities for proper medical care (This is very rare though), In such cases we would kindly ask you to travel with your medical cover Insurance. Other Inoculations are Polio, Hepatitis and Typhoid, please consult your doctors.
Covid-19 Negative Certificate is required as well (Check our Covid-19 page)
We have no fixed amounts and we ask our guests to tip their Guides. At our camps there is a Gratuity Box for other members of staff.
International /Local Airport Transfers
Our greet and meet Staff in Nairobi will be there to help you with the transfers on your arrival to the City Hotel or Transfers from City Hotel to International Airport. This will be the same for Local Airport when you are taking flights to our other camp.
Depending on your time of arrival or departure to one of our camps we will book you some of the City Hotels of our choice but in case you have your selection we will help you book it or you book it for yourself.
In case of any further Questions do not hesitate to contact us through:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- WhatsApp: +254724274536
- Telephone Call: +254790789122
- Or Contact your Preferred Travel Agent/Tour Operator